Tuesday, December 29, 2015

CHRISTmas 2015


I have taken an unexpected hiatus from blogging but definitely plan to get back to it. So I'm doing a little catch up...I hope you enjoy.
 
Christmas was very busy but stress free to say the least. We celebrated on Christmas eve due to schedules and let me tell you...it was so nice! Lots of food, family and fellowship.
 
The girls had a full month of festive events and photo opportunities. Since this was Emma Grace's first Christmas with us, we definitely had to make it special for her.
 
With so much commercialization and hectic-ness surrounding the season, it was so nice and refreshing to not do material gifts this year. Instead, we all gave the most priceless gift that anyone could ever give...that of our time together. Just sitting down to a good meal and spending time talking...no cell phones or t.v....just talking face to face. What a wonderful way to celebrate the season.
 
I've taken time to relax while I've been off and really clean house. I've taken 3 of my 4 bedrooms apart and deep cleaned. Boy does it feel nice to walk in there and see the freshness of a job well done. I haven't taken down the Christmas decorations yet, but as far as the house goes, I want to leave the clutter of this year behind and not bring it into the New Year. This goes not only for the house, but for my personal life as well.  
 
As we wind down another year, it's time to make a fresh start for 2016. I am looking forward to watch night service and ushering in the New Year in the Lord's House. Looking behind me, I can see the hand of the Lord in areas that I didn't quite see at the time. So as I look ahead, I can't wait to see what the Lord has planned for not only myself but those around me.
 
Until my next post (which won't be as far between as the past have been) I wish you a very Merry Belated Christmas and a most Blessed New Year!
 
 

2 comments:

Mrs. B, a very peculiar person said...

Well, Hello Mrs.M,

It is so wonderful to see you posting again. I pray your hiatus from the blogging world brought you into a season of growth and blessings that you will be able to share with your faithful readers. It is so nice glean wisdom from one another's experiences and life lessons.
I see you've a new addition to your family ... Congratulations! I am sure your new pup is so very happy to be part of such a wonderful family.
Looking forward to your upcoming posts.

Blessings,
Mrs.B

Keeper of the Home said...

Greetings Mrs. B! I am so happy to be back in the world of blogging. Thank you and my other faithful readers for being patient during my absence. I treasure you all. Happy New Year!