Thursday, May 13, 2010

Your Personal Information On The Web

How long this website has been around, I don't know....but....I was introduced to it tonight and boy is it nerving. To know that with the strike of a few keys you can find out personal information about others. I'm talking about getting a hold of someones physical address, telephone number, who they are married to if applicable, etc. But there is a way to delete the page that has your information.

Go to www.spokeo.com
type in your name and see what is available for the anyone in the world to know about you.
Go to the bottom of the screen and look for the "Privacy" link
Click on it and then enter the URL of the page that has your information on it in the area where it asks for it.
This will delete your information account in that system.


1 comment:

Anna said...

not all the information on that website is true for everyone. My information is totally bizarre! I checked my FIL's info and it's closer to being accurate. I was originally alerted about it because it was going around facebook that the 2 were somehow linked. Yes this website is out there, but are so many others that have information whether true or false. Sadly enough anymore it doesn't seem like it matters who you are your information. whether a little or a lot, is available with just a little looking online.