Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Homemade Liquid Dish Washing Soap Review

Carrie sent me an email asking about an update on my like or dislike of the homemade dish washing soap. So I thought I'd share my review.

Here are my thoughts as well as hubby's...the soap works. It cleans well but I do admit, it does not suds up like regular store bought soap. This is a draw back to me. I am used to the suds and kinda feel cheated if things are all bubbly (if you know what I mean.) The other evening Hubby decided to try to make another version that included using lemon juice and dish washing machine gel. It too worked well on cleaning but the suds weren't there. So all in all, it's ok...but I am still looking and experimenting to find a recipe that cleans and suds.


2 comments:

Farming On Faith said...

Thanks~at my speaking engagement last night I did a devotion and a demonstration on all the homemade cleaners. I had a lady ask for a dish washing soap. It went really well. I had a great time.
I also want to try a liquid automatic dish washing machine soap.
Have a great evening!

Ronda said...

Mornin sweet Mrs. M,

I agreewith your findings. I made and tried the homemade soap as well. I wasnt to happy with the results.

I have decided to just go back to buying organic dish soap and adding some water to dilute it some. It really does do a good job, it's healthier for my septic system, and besides, I have an automatic dishwasher in which I use a homemade powdered detergent that works FABULOUSLY AND FRUGALLY, so I'm gonna just stick with that.

Thanks for sharing your results with us as well. I kinda had wondered if it was just me....or not. Now I now....it's not....LOL.

Love & Prayers,
Ronda