Monday, August 3, 2009

A Cut & Trim Turn Family Favorite

Sometimes when you go to the beauty salon you come home with more than just a haircut. Several years ago my hairdresser gave me a taste of something that she and the other ladies were having for lunch that day. I will admit, I was a bit leery of it at first, but after just one bite...I was hooked. So not only did I come home that day with a new "do" I came home with a recipe that became a family favorite.

Mexican Cornbread Salad
1 pan of cooked jalapeno cornbread; cooled and crumbled (or one pkg. store bought Mexican style cornbread mix; cooked, cooled & crumbled)
1 small tomato; diced
1 medium-large green bell pepper; diced
1 bunch green onions; diced (or 1/4 of a yellow onion; diced)
1 small can shoe peg corn; drained (or 2/3 can of whole sweet kernel corn; drained)
3/4 c. mayonnaise
3/4 c. sour cream
1 c. shredded cheese (cheddar, Monterrey jack, Colby or the like)
1/2 tsp. chili powder (more or less to your taste)
salt & pepper to taste






In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Stir to mix well. Cover and place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to chill or longer. Serve cool.

Click HERE for printable recipe

3 comments:

mrshester said...

Oh wowie...I can't wait to try this with Mamaw's Jalapeno Cornbread!

Theresa's Notes said...

Thanks for writing me. I got the comments back up and running on my blog now so leave many comments :)

We are all settled in our new place. And things are getting better.

hope to hear from you offten :)

Blessed Beyond said...

This really looks like a wonderful side dish! I think we will have to try this for dinner soon! Thank you!
Hugs and Blessings,