Tuesday, July 14, 2009

True Love


John 15:9-10 (The Message Bible) "I've loved you the way my Father has loved me. Make yourselves at home in my love. If you keep my commands, you'll remain intimately at home in my love. That's what I've done—kept my Father's commands and made myself at home in his love"

There are times that we fall short in our walk with the LORD by our own doing, but isn't it comforting to know that we have a home in HIS love that never fails.

JESUS doesn't ask us to do anything that we are not capable of, so when HE tells us to keep HIS Father's commands, HE knows that we are able to do so. It's up to us to make the choice whether or not we will keep HIS commands.

Is it easy to do everything that is commanded of us? Sometimes it is, and sometimes it isn't. It's easy to do what is right when the results or reward is evident, but when we don't see a purpose for what we are to do, it can be hard sometimes to press on and do what we ought according to the Word.
The LORD knows that there will be times that we will want to give up, but HE has a Word for us to help us press in; Galatians 6:9 "And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not."

Let us find comfort and peace in knowing that at the start of each new day we can still find a home in GOD'S unfailing love.

3 comments:

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

Thank you for this great devotional this morning. How great to wake up and read his words. I pray we will always be free to read his word.
Molly

AngelRhoden said...

Thank you for the reminder of His everlasting arms of love. That verse in Galatians seems to be one that always finds its way back to me!

Pamela said...

What a great post and I agree with Marjorie, this is a great devotional! It's all about choice, isn't it? I SO needed to read this right now.

Thank you for stopping by my Unveiling post. That's me, up close and personal, a Navy wife, mother of a teenager, etc., etc., but first and foremost, a child of God, and for that privilege, I thank Him daily.