Monday, July 13, 2009

Clarity and Purpose


(Click on image for source)
I would like to say thank you to each of you who sent your well wishes for our anniversary. That was so sweet of you all.

The weekend was a great one. We had such a blessed time together. I won't go into detail, as it was our special, private time together but I will say it was awesome! I have such an wonderful husband. It was such a peaceful, relaxing weekend. No stress or outside nonsense to deal with. We dreaded that it was time to come home but that doesn't mean that our anniversary honeymoon has to stop there, does it!?! *grin* Not at all!

With each new day comes new reasons to praise our Heavenly Father, and Monday is no exception. Yes, Monday means the weekend is complete and the work week begins...yet again. But if we look carefully, this is also the beginning of another day to praise the LORD for Who He is and for what He's done in or lives. Don't overlook the blessing just because you might be going through a rough spot. I have done that before and boy did I almost miss out on the beauty of what GOD was doing around me. Thankfully, I had revelation of what He was doing and I was able to savor each moment.

For us this week begins with refreshing. A new sense of peace and freedom. It's been a long time since we have been able to enjoy a feeling like this, but it's here and we are basking in it. Matthew 11:28-30 "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

Have you ever noticed something about words ~ we can hear people telling us things everyday; good things, bad things, irrelevant things. But when GOD speaks His Words to you, it leaves a sweet taste in your soul. Psalm 119:103 "How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!" We have had the LORD speak to us many times, but this past week, He really had a powerful word that He spoke over us, and all I can say is that "it never tasted so sweet." Glory to God!

2 comments:

Farming On Faith said...

I am so glad you had a wonderful time. Happy Monday and catching up!

Renee said...

Such a beautiful post. Thank you!