Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Zucchini Bread


Our weather has been a bit cooler so what better to snack on than a warm slice of zucchini bread.

Zucchini Bread

3 eggs
1 c. oil
2 c. peeled, shredded zucchini; uncooked
1-3/4 cups sugar
1/4 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
2 Tblsp. vanilla
1 c. chopped nuts; optional
2 c. flour

(oil is missing from photo as hubby is on his way from the store with it for me. the one thing we were out of...*sigh*)
Preheat oven to 350*

Grate zucchini & place in strainer. Press out excess liquid. Leave in strainer to continue draining until ready to use.

Beat eggs, sugar, and oil together.

Add flour, baking powder, soda, cinnamon, salt, vanilla, and nuts. Mix together.

Add drained zucchini. Beat to combine.

Pour into 2 greased, floured, loaf pans (or mini loaf pans). Bake 45 minute at 350* F.


Click HERE for printable recipe

3 comments:

Ronda said...

Mornin Sweetie :)

I love Zucchini Bread!!! Although admittedly...I have never made any. I don't really know why, 'cause it is a very easy thing to make, but I just never have. I think that I just might have to try ur recipe and actually make some. My hubby love it as well.

Hope all are happy, healthy, and blessed in your family.

Love & Prayers,
Ronda

Sarah said...

I love zucchini bread and end up making tons of it when we harvest it from the garden. I typically make the bread and freeze it - what a wonderful thing to pull out of the freezer in the winter. I often add banana to it as well...

Keeper of the Home said...

Oh I love the idea of adding banana to it. I never thought of that. Thanks for the tip.