Sunday, March 1, 2009

Love Dare - Day 8


(Photo courtesy of All Posters)
Song of Solomon 8:6 "Love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave. It burns lie blazing fire."

Chapter Highlights...

There are 2 form of jealousy: Legitimate jealousy, which is based upon love; and Illegitimate jealousy, which is based on envy.

Jealousy is a common struggle. If you're not careful, jealousy slithers like a viper into your heart and strikes your motivations and relationships. Yes, if you're not careful jealousy can also infect your marriage.

It's time to let love, humility and gratefulness destroy any jealousy that springs up in your heart. It's time to let you spouse's successes draw you closer together and give you greater opportunities to show genuine love.

Today's dare: Determine to become your spouse's biggest fan & reject any thoughts of jealousy. To help set your heart on your spouse & focus on their achievements, take yesterday's list of negative attributes and discreetly burn it. Then share with your spouse how glad you are about a success he/she recently enjoyed.

This was an easy dare to complete. The only thing that was a challenge was burning the list and not setting off our smoke detectors. *grin* Seriously though, this was a good dare as it helped me to rid myself of the negatives once and for all. As long as they were around, even in secret on paper (or in my thought life) there was always the chance for any opportunity to pull the list back out and "use it" as ammunition. Now that it's gone, I will work on not allowing myself to create a new list, but instead focus on and add to the existing positive list about him.


1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love that you continue to share your heart on your journey. I pray you are continually blessed as you travel this road.

I have both of your blog names in my list as typically one or the other usually doesn't update automatically. Weird. Right now I tried the other name and it says name not found, so who knows. I am sure it is on my end.

Anyway, I'll find ya! I like what you have to say so you're worth looking for!

Have a great day -