Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Love Dare - Day 26-27

With so much going on I haven't had time to post much on the "Love Dare." I know I should be farther than day 27 but we have been so busy that I honestly haven't had much reading time. However, I have been continually working on and putting into practice the "Dare's" from days past. So even though I haven't moved ahead in the book I have still been using the tools I have learned thus far.



Day 26 - Love Is Responsible

Romans 2:1 "When you judge another, you condemn yourself, since you, the judge, do the same things."

Today's dare: Take time to pray through your areas of wrongdoing. Ask GOD for forgiveness, then humble yourself enough to admit them to your spouse. Do it sincerely & truthfully. Ask your spouse for forgiveness as well. No matter how they respond, make sure you cover your responsibility in love. Even if they respond with criticism, accept it by receiving it as counsel.



Day 27 - Love Encourages

Psalm 25:20 "Guard my soul and deliver me; do not let me be ashamed, for I take refuge in You."

Today's dare: Eliminate the poison of unrealistic expectations in your home. Think of one area where your spouse has told you you're expecting too much, and tell them you're sorry for being so hard on them about it. Promise them you'll seek to understand, and assure them of your unconditional love.


No comments: