Friday, February 13, 2009

A Moment Of Bliss & Outward Expression Of Love



Last night Hubby came home with a surprise for me. He handed me a bag of my most favorite treat...Dark Chocolate Lindt Lindor Truffles. As you might recall in my previous post, I am not a huge chocolate fan but there are a few simple pleasures that I enjoy; these truffles are one of them.

I have a break from gathering up things that need to be taken the Church, so now it's time to sit and savor a cup of latte and a truffle. Not the best breakfast I know, but at this point, I'm all about the immediate gratification. I'll worry about those extra pounds on the hips tomorrow. *grin*

Our local Library is sponsoring a Blood Drive today and being part of the library committee I have volunteered to work a shift. So after my few moments of truffle bliss it's time to hit the ground running.

One last thought...since Valentine's is a celebration of love, won't you consider making an outward expression of love for someone else today and give blood? After all the greatest gift ever given was poured out for us on the cross through the precious blood of JESUS.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." ~ John 3:16 (KJV)


"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." ~ I Corinthians 13:13 (NIV)

1 comment:

Debbie J said...

Happy Valentine's Day! I really enjoyed your music while visiting here. I also really like the snow globe!