Saturday, May 18, 2019

Floral Memories

I'd like to share with you the latest floral piece I put together. My sister is going to visit our maternal Grandparents gravesite & we both wanted them to have a little something special. It's been over 40 years and neither of us have ever been there; so it had to be something meaningful.

Grandma was noted as saying "some just champagne taste on a demitasse pocketbook" so I used this as the theme.






The colors reminded me of the lipstick she wore in my favorite photo of her. The magnolias are a piece of my sister as she has always loved them. The rustic container represents the beauty of Grandpa and Grandma's aging. Since I didn't have a cardinal to put with it, I adorned the container with a cross...burgundy as it's my signature color & shabby chic bling accent that reminded me of a brooch she wore on her black coat.

No comments: