Sunday, April 13, 2014

The Royal Welcome

(Image Source)

"When they neared Jerusalem, having arrived at Bethphage on Mount Olives, Jesus sent two disciples with these instructions: “Go over to the village across from you. You’ll find a donkey tethered there, her colt with her. Untie her and bring them to me. If anyone asks what you’re doing, say, ‘The Master needs them!’ He will send them with you.”


This is the full story of what was sketched earlier by the prophet:
Tell Zion’s daughter,
“Look, your king’s on his way,
    poised and ready, mounted
On a donkey, on a colt,
    foal of a pack animal.”

The disciples went and did exactly what Jesus told them to do. They led the donkey and colt out, laid some of their clothes on them, and Jesus mounted. Nearly all the people in the crowd threw their garments down on the road, giving him a royal welcome. Others cut branches from the trees and threw them down as a welcome mat. Crowds went ahead and crowds followed, all of them calling out, “Hosanna to David’s son!” “Blessed is he who comes in God’s name!” “Hosanna in highest heaven!”

As he made his entrance into Jerusalem, the whole city was shaken. Unnerved, people were asking, “What’s going on here? Who is this?”
The parade crowd answered, “This is the prophet Jesus, the one from Nazareth in Galilee.”" (Matthew 21: 1-11; The Message Bible)

Palm Sunday...one week before Easter...where has time gone? It seems as if we just started the New Year and here we are preparing for Easter celebration. This year though, I just haven't had the mental 'want to' for putting out the Easter decorations. It's not that I am ignoring Easter, I just haven't consciously made the effort to add extra things to my 'to do' list on the home front. Maybe I've just been a little to lazy. Whatever the reason for not decorating, I have felt the LORD tugging at me for a bit now.

Each morning on the way to work I pray over my day & thank the LORD for all that HE has, is and wants to do in my life. I thank HIM for Who HE is in my life & ask blessing over my family, friends, etc. But there seems to be something tugging at me on the inside.

Have I been as close to the LORD as of recent....close like I want to be or HE wants to us to be? If I am honest with myself I would unfortunately have to say no. Why? No reason in particular. Can I use the excuse that life has been busy & time just hasn't allowed for it....umm...let me rephrase that...time just hasn't been made for it. Choices. Choices I make to either take time or not take time. It's not on purpose, it simple is what it is. Do I like it? Not a bit.

In any situation the old adage is "it's never too late to start." No matter what it is...it's never too late to start....ok, maybe if you need to bring a covered dish to a gathering that starts in 10 minutes....yes, it's too late to start that pot of gumbo! *grin* But it's never too late to start making the conscious choice to spend more time with the LORD....not just when you 'need' HIM; but all the day long.

"Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded." (James 4:8 KJV)

LORD, JESUS, today I make the conscious choice to draw nigh You -- not because I need something from You, but because I need more of You. I need more of us. LORD, I love You and want to pour my heart out to You. FATHER, I lay down the garments of superficial praise and pick up the robe of true, unhindered adoration and welcome You once again to Your rightful place in my heart, in my home, in my life. I may not have much to offer, but I give it all to You in the most royal welcome that I can give You. Cultivate & use me for Your glory. In JESUS Mighty Name I pray. Amen!

No comments: