Saturday, October 6, 2012

From the Laundry Room to the Crafting Room

I love pumpkins during the Fall, but how do you decorate with them yet keep them from spoiling after craving or just sitting around? Easy...you make pumpkins! This way you'll have it year after year.

Here's what you'll need: spray paint in the fall color(s) of your choice, dryer vent tubing, spanish moss, twigs, metal cutters, scissors & hot glue.
Stretch and bend your dryer vent tubing to any size you desire to form a circle. Cut the end with your wire snips.
Using your hot glue gun, glue the ends of the vent tubing to form a circle. This now becomes your pumpkin.






 The vent tubing is very flexible and depending upon the size of your pumpkins, you can make several out of one tube. In my case, I used left over vent tubing that I had at home that had been previously cut for the dryer, so I was able to get 4 good size pumpkins out of a remnant of tubing.

Next, using quick, short passes, spray paint your pumpkins as desired. I strongly urge you to do this outdoors. This took me about 4 light coats to reach the desired shade I wanted. It had also been raining off and on, so I had to do it when the weather permitted.
Finally, decorate your pumpkins by hot gluing spanish moss atop of the pumpkin and using the twigs to form a stem.




No comments: