Sunday, January 1, 2012

Reflections & Gratitude For The Old & New Year



It's officially January 1, 2012. Time to start fresh with a new outlook for the year ahead. Most of us make our traditional "new year resolutions" but honestly, most don't keep up with them long enough to see an active change. I personally, don't bother with them as I know they will fall by the wayside no matter how good the intention was. Yes, there are things I want to do in this new year to better myself in areas of health, work life, etc. More so, I want to look back at 2011 and praise the LORD for where I am right now.

I am sitting here in the early morning silence looking at the blessings around me. I have some of the most terrific family & friends in my life. Family that are willing to stand by in the good times & bad. No, not all family members are like that but I have my Mother & Father who mean the world to me. No matter what, they are always there to lend an ear, a shoulder to cry on, support in ways that I can't even explain...but most of all, they are always there to freely give their love. There are days that I don't know how I would have made it through with out them. Mom....Dad...I love you more than any words could ever express. Thank you for giving me the gift of life, and for continuing to be a part of it no matter what.

Most of us have friends we can count on when it matters most, but there is one person in my life, next to my parents, that I could not ever imagine my life without. This person, just as my parents, has seen me at my lowest of lows. This person has also seen me at my highest of highs and places in between. When it looked like everything had fallen apart in my world, this person was always there to help hold the pieces together. No matter what the situation at hand was like, I could always count on a positive word from them. When I fell, they were always there to lend a hand to help me up. When I was scared & didn't know what to do, they were always right there with me to help calm & ease my fears. When I didn't want to face reality, I could always count on them to wake me up & make me face it no matter what....and it was always for my benefit. When I experienced the joys in life, they were always right beside me rejoicing with me. They opened my world to new adventures and new ideals. Although I have known this person all my life, and time had separated us for awhile, being back in each others lives has meant more to me than I could ever imagine. Now don't think this is a one sided friendship....I have been there for my friend just the same...the friendship we share can't be severed or damaged by any means. Everything we have shared and will share along our journey in life only brings us that much closer together & strengthens us from the foundation on up. There is nothing I wouldn't do for my friend & nothing they wouldn't do for me. I thank the LORD everyday for the blessing of my friend. There is no way possible to thank you "J" all I can say is I love you dearly....I love you more than anything and as much as my parents. You truly are created in GOD'S own image and I don't ever want to not have you in my life.

I have so much to be thankful for from 2011, and more to look forward to in 2012. Though I know not what each day holds in store, I do know I would not want to go into this new year with out those that matter most to me. Let us all be grateful for who the LORD has placed in our lives. Happy New Year to each and everyone of you!

No comments: