Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Promise of an Angel - A Review


I am such a fan of books about the Amish, so when BookSneeze offered "The Promise of an Angel" by Ruth Reid to review, I jumped at the chance.

Summary: "After a barn raising accident, Judith is convinced she's met an angel. However, her attempts to convince her Old-Order Amish Community prove to be frustrating. Only one man, Andrew, believes her yet her husband to be, Levi does not & he demands that she forget the nonsense. Martha, Judith's younger sister has a fancy for Levi is sees this as an opportunity to try and catch Levi's eye. In a dream the angel tells Judith she must choose her path. As her faith continues to grow, so do her feelings for Andrew. Will she continue to place her hope in the angel's message, even if it means loosing all she knows and loves?"

When I began reading the book I immediately felt as if I was right there in the community. I could realy envision the setting & feelings the writer was conveying through the pages. I just couldn't put the book down. For those that love to read during the Fall/Winter, I would highly recommend it.

No comments: