Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Decorating For Less


For weeks now I have been thinking that I 'need' an end table for my family room. Well, it just so happened that I went by Kohl's yesterday just to browse around. Well, lo and behold what did I find??? An end table that matches my entertainment center and bookshelf perfectly. However, it was $149.99 and if you know me, I refuse to pay full price for anything!! So I walked away from it. Something kept pulling that table to the front of my thoughts so finally I went back to look at it again. This time I pulled the box off the shelf and really took a good look at it. What did I see upon further inspection??? An orange clearance tag sticker. It was marked down to $49.99!!! Best yet, I had a credit left on a gift card therefore after taxes I only paid $41.14 for the table. Now that's what I call a bargain. Well, naturally I thought about it on the way home and I knew it needed something else...a table lamp. So I stopped off at Dollar General and found a lamp that matched my decor wonderfully. So for $7 for the lamp and $5 for the shade I walked out with a perfect companion to my table. I just love bargain days!!

No comments: