Saturday, March 26, 2011

Between Now & Then

(Image source)
I saw a post on someones Facebook page that read....."There's a group out there that believes that the end of the world is coming this October. They believe the rapture of the church will take place May 21 of this year. If you firmly believed that you would leave this earth in less than two months, what would you do between now and then?"

This really got me thinking & re-evaluating myself. Question upon question arose in my minds eye...like, What have I done lately for the Lord? I try to live right but is there something that I have failed or disappointed Him in? Am I earnestly seeking out ways to lead others to Christ or simply give them a glimpse of Christ through my life? Am I truly ready to stand before my God? There are so many things I still want to do that haven't be fulfilled yet, will I ever get the chance? I dearly would love to have my own quiver full, is that in God's plan for me? The questions went on and on.

The reality of this Facebook post is that no matter when, where or what....We all need to be ready. Our lives are not our own, they were bought and paid for by the precious Blood of Jesus. Stop taking it for granted. The world as we know it is in such a state of turmoil. We as individuals & as Christians need to stand up for the Word and let our light shine. Stop compromising to appease the masses and stand firm for what the Word of the Lord says.

No one knows the time when Jesus will come back for His people, but we need to stand ever ready for that day. I know I don't want to miss it, and I hope you don't either.

No comments: