Saturday, February 5, 2011

Mountain Traditions Come To Life

The other night I was introduced to a movie called "Songcatcher." I was so mesmerized by the film & the old folkloric music of the mountain people. What intrigued me more was when my friend informed me that he remembered their Nanny & Paw singing some of these very same songs when he was younger. The history in each ballad is a wonderful treasure. I was so excited when not only did he have the movie, he had the 2 music cd's that were inspired by the film. If you get the opportunity to see this film, I hope you will take the time to do so.


Here's a little tid bit of what you will see & hear in this film. I just love it.

3 comments:

Cranky G. said...

Oh, I LOVE that mountain music! I have to get this movie!

Keeper of the Home said...

Socked & Awed....
Are you by chance Cranky Grandma? If so can you email me? I have been trying to email the address I had for you but it keeps getting returned as invalid. I need to talk to you. Thanks.

Phyllis Blickensderfer said...

My Mom's folks were from Tennessee and knew so many of those songs. Thanks for the info on the CDs and we'll look into the move.