Friday, December 10, 2010

Ho Ho Ho!

For some reason I just can't get in to the Christmas mood this year. As I talk to more and more people, I am finding that there are lots of others that are feeling the same way. Although, the other night a friend & I went out to eat and I noticed the restaurants Christmas tree and just adored it. I have never seen a tree topper like this one before, but I loved it & had to take a picture of it.
I tried to get festive, but the only thing I have done so far is put up my Christmas door wreath. You know what? I think that's all I am going to do too. I love the Christmas season and celebrate it for the true reason, the birth of our Savior Jesus, but as for all the commercialization...I can't get into it.

3 comments:

Farming On Faith said...

Merry Christmas~ Friend

I am having a bit of a hard time this year too. I am forcing myself to get moving. I still have children at home. I normally put up a tree in each room but this year there is only one.

I just finished our children;s program at church. The kids did so well~ it blessed my soul.

It is so good to hear from you!
I blew a little peace , love and joy your way with a tad bit of Christmas spirit.

Have a CHRIST filled CHRISTmas!

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

I am so glad to know I'm not the only one in the same mood. I am so tired of seeing Christmas decorations and commericalism that I want to scream. It has been out in our area since Holloween, didn't even stop for Thanksgiving... I was afraid I was the only Grinch...around.
I love Christmas, but everyone has forgotten the True meaning of the Season.
Hope you have a Merry and Bressed Season of Our Savior's Birth.
Molly

Cranky G. said...

Very cute!

I don't blame you for feeling less than inspired, but just so you know... having a great friend like you is a true gift!

We're about to be blasted by a giant snowstorm, so it'll be a white Christmas, Valentine's Day, Easter, Memorial Day.... !!