Monday, May 17, 2010

Never Take Anything For Granted

Some days you can get so lost in the everyday things that you just don't appreciate them. Today though was not one of those days for me. As I hung the laundry out to dry, I thought about how blessed I am to have the opportunity to do it. Some do it because they have no other choice, but I do it because I want to enjoy the outdoors and save on our utilities. Although it is not a "pretty" home keeping task, I have come to value the fact that I am blessed to have clothes to get dirty and to have the means of multiple ways to take care of this task...all in the comfort of our home.



Of course I did have a little help...well, watchful help that is. Ginger was more than happy to rest upon the patio love seat and "supervise" my work.


Before bringing the laundry basket back in and tending to the vacuuming, I took a few moments to take in the beauty of our container garden. The tomatoes are beginning to ripen and the bell peppers are growing mightily. Our herbs are just crazy with fresh goodness. I can't wait to start using them in the kitchen.



There is so much we all have to be thankful for if we only take the time to appreciate it. Don't let the small stuff go by without it's proper appreciation. What you have today and don't appreciate just may not be there later. The LORD gives us plenty of opportunities to be grateful for what HE has blessed us with. Nothing in life is certain and what we have today can be gone in an instant, so be thankful and content with what you do have and appreciate all that you have been blessed with.

No comments: