Friday, December 11, 2009

A Little Of This & That


(Image source Weight Watchers)
Some of you may be wondering why on earth I have been baking so much recently. Well, the answer is an easy one...I am hosting my first ever "Cookie Exchange" party in a few days. I am so excited about too. I have had all of my invited guest confirm their attendance and let me know theatsome are bringing a friend as well. That is awesome. The more the merrier I say. I still have some more baking to do as well as prepare my hors d'oeuvres that I plan to serve. I decided instead of having it at night or on the weekend, that it would be fun to have a ladies day out and do it mid-morning. Yes, this means the Husbands will all be at work so it will be just the women folk fellow shipping and having a good time together. I can hardly wait to start tasting all those wonderful cookies!

Thursday while I was out running some errands, I ventured over to Jo Ann's fabric store and well....I went wild. I found some really nice fabrics that jumped out at me. As luck would have it, they were all on sale so I got a pretty good deal on things.


You can't tell in the picture, but this fabric set shimmers, almost as if it had glitter in it. It's so pretty. I am thinking either a bed cover or possibly a table cloth and place mat set.


I just fell in love with the middle fabric when I saw it. Don't you think that would make a pretty skirt? The other two pieces...well, I really don't have a set plan for them yet, but I liked them and since they were marked down I figured I could find something to use it for.

5 comments:

~*~The Family~*~ said...

When I saw the bottom three fabrics I thought you were going to say something for your living room. Those are the colors of our living room so it would make a beautiful lap throw quilt.

Keeper of the Home said...

I hadn't thought about that. You're right...it would make a pretty throw. Thanks for the idea.

~Mrs. M

Joan said...

Nichole, My friend and I have hosted a cookie exchange for the past 2 years and want to make this tradition last for many years. We have had it at a local restaurant though. I am curious how you will do yours at your house. I want to do ours at my house next year. Can you tell me how your going to exchange and what your serving and how long and all that? I am looking for some ideas to make ours a little more special. Thanks so much!

Jen said...

We had a cookie day at our church this past Monday. There were about 11 of us, what we do is prepare dough (2 types)that we want to bake. Then we all spend the day making cookies. It is so much fun. I am putting together a cookie recipe book of the different cooies that were made. Enjoy your day.

Sandra said...

We had a cookie exchange with the neighbor ladies too. It is always fun to get together and try new cookies. I love the material you picked out!! Can't wait to see what you make!