Monday, November 9, 2009

Monday Motivation



It's Monday again and we know what that means...the start of a new work week. Although my work is not outside the home, I still have my routine and things that need my attention. So far I have gotten a load of towels washed & dried, the laundry room and kitchen floors swept and steamed, the bed made, cat litter box changed, pets fed & watered and well...that's about it. So what is the deal? Why can't I get motivated to finish my home keeping today???? I don't know what the deal is but I just don't "feel" like doing it. I have some errands to tend to, but I have told myself I would not leave the house until my work here is done. At this rate I'll be here all day. Of course, instead of tending to business, here I am on the computer posting instead of doing what I need to do. *grin* I just don't know what to do with myself to get the spirit of motivation going in me. It feels like it is going to be "one of those days."

**Update: it's now almost 3:30pm and I have to admit, I had to make myself get in gear but I finally got all the home keeping done. I still have a couple errands to run but that can wait until later. My next task...deciding on what's for dinner.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ugh...I'm right there with ya today! :)

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

lol..I have those kind of days just about everyday lately. Maybe we need to inspire each other....

Anonymous said...

Don't feel too bad. I have these days on occassions too.

One thing that motivates me: I remind myself that I could be back at my old job, commuting 50 miles round trip in hectic freeway traffic jams OR . . . I could be content and happy to do the dusting, AGAIN, in the living and dinning/family rooms, where the only "commuting" is walking down some stairs. Somehow, I always choose the latter. Imagine that! :)

Cranky G. said...

Another "bum" weighing in! Ha Ha Ha!

BUT, your post sort of perked up my ears when you mentioned "steaming" the floors. Could you tell us what you use? Do you prefer this method to the old fashioned mop and bucket regime? I've often thought of buying one of those hand steam cleaners, but didn't know if they really worked! Info please, Mrs. M!