Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy Homemaker Monday 7-6-09


(For more Happy Homemaker's click on image above
Thanks Sandra for hosting this meme)

The weather in my neck of the woods:
What can I say...we're in the South so it's sunny & hot. During the Summer months it's starts getting hot before 6am. Whew! Thank You LORD for a/c.

One of my simple pleasures:
Just walking around our property soaking in the fact that none of this would have been possible with out the LORD.

On my bedside table:
My alarm clock

On my TV:
It's off and the sound of silence is floating through the air. What peace.

On the menu for tonight:
Chicken, corn & salad

On my To Do List:
Bread making, canning, sweeping, a few errands

New Recipe I tried last week:
Nothing really

In the craft basket:
A quilted throw for a Christmas gift

Looking forward to:
This weekend as it is our 11th wedding anniversary

Homemaking Tip for this week:
Some days you just need to take a break from all that calls for your attention. It will still be there waiting for you when you get back to it.

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
The 4th of July @ Blessed Femina

Favorite photo from last week:


Lesson learned the past few days:
Don't let others try and dictate what they think you should do & when you need to do it

On my Prayer List:
My Hubby, our family, our Church & Church family, the government & our local officials, for a closer relationship with my LORD, for our children & our grandchildren

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
James 3:5-6 "Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth! And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell."

3 comments:

Simply Heart And Home said...

My anniversary is this weekend too! :) It is on Saturday and we will be married 29 years. The time has flown by!

Gina

Sandra said...

Happy Anniversary for this weekend, mine is coming up on August 12th and it will also be 11 years :)

Renee said...

Wonderful post. Happy Anniversary!