Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A Canny Kind Of Day

Yesterday was not just a productive day in the sense of getting the pantry organized it was quite canny if I do say so myself. I got my sweet pickle relish made & with Hubby's help, we also got 2 jars of nacho peppers and a couple jars of homemade rotel (tomato & peppers) canned. The pantry looks so nice with all the fresh, homegrown and home canned goodies filling the shelves. I can already picture the winter months...how lovely it will be to open our pantry doors and find a plethora of summer bounty waiting to be tasted.







Proverbs 6:6-11 "Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise: Which having no guide, overseer, or ruler, Provideth her meat in the summer, and gathereth her food in the harvest. How long wilt thou sleep, O sluggard? when wilt thou arise out of thy sleep? Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep: So shall thy poverty come as one that travelleth, and thy want as an armed man"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh Mrs. M...may I please have your canned RoTel recipe, pretty please? I love that stuff, and have not been able to find any recipes for it. With a cherry on top? ;-D

Lynn said...

Yum! Your jars of fresh-canned produce look delicious. I love to can, and it's so much fun to see what other women are doing. Thanks for the inspiration.