Monday, June 15, 2009

Happy Homemaker Monday ~ 6-15-09


(For more Happy Homemaker's click on image above
Thanks Sandra for hosting this meme)

The weather in my neck of the woods:
What can I say...we're in the South so it's sunny & hot. During the Summer months it's starts getting hot before 6am. Whew! Thank You LORD for a/c.

One of my simple pleasures:
Reading a book or magazine in my spare time. It's so relaxing to be able to open the pages and be taken away to another place for a few moments in time.

On my bedside table:
Bare minimal. I dusted the nightstands last week and removed all the extra clutter from mine. Oh how freeing that feels each time I look at it.

On my TV:
The Golden Girls

On the menu for tonight:
Something with ground beef, but I haven't made my mind up yet as to what.

On my To Do List:
Grocery shopping, sweeping the floors, cleaning and straightening the patio, doctor's appointment with my Dad

New Recipe I tried last week:
Wow, I just realized that I hadn't anything new last week. I guess that means this week I'll have to do a little experimenting.

In the craft basket:
I am going to tackle a quick and easy project this week (well, that's my plan anyway.)

Looking forward to:
Going to the movies tonight to see "Night At The Museum 2: Battle of the Smithsonian"

Homemaking Tip for this week:
If you do a little tidying each day things won't be so likely to pile up on you. Then when the big cleaning day comes it won't take you long to get the whole house done.

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
Road Trip Sunday - Terra Bella by Tammy @ Flat Creek Farms

Favorite photo from last week:
I just love home canning...it's art in a jar to me...


Lesson learned the past few days:
Don't be scared to try new things

On my Prayer List:
My Hubby, our family, our Church & Church family, the government & our local officials, for a closer relationship with my LORD, for our children & our grandchildren

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Romans 1:17 "For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith."

Righteous By Faith by Jerry Savelle

Christians have a genuine desire to please God and live right. They are usually acutely aware of where they fall short and do their best to be a good example of a Christian.

People see their own actions and focus on changing their external behavior. This doesn’t work. The only way to change external behavior is to change how you see yourself.

Most Christians suffer with condemnation because the devil tempts them to be sin conscious. If they don’t have control over their external actions they find it difficult to believe that they are truly righteous. This is back to front!

The power to act righteously comes AFTER you believe you are already righteousness in Him. God never intended you to do anything using your own effort, least of all become a righteous person.

There is only one way to please God – by faith.

There is only one way to be righteous in Him – by faith.

There is only one way to get free from struggles with sin – by faith.

When you get the revelation that you are now righteous because of the Cross of Christ, regardless of your external actions, you are living by faith in what God says about you and that pleases God.

As you stand on the Word believing that you are the righteousness of God in Him, refusing condemnation and sin consciousness, you will find that your desires change. The righteous nature already inside you begins to take control of your external actions.

Be ye doers of the Word…

Father, I want to please You and therefore I choose to walk by faith in what You say about me. I refuse all sin consciousness, walking by faith that I am righteous in Him. I know that as I think in my heart, so am I.


4 comments:

Simply Heart And Home said...

I love your Happy Homemaking Monday! I will try and join next week. So sweet! I've always wanted to try canning but for some reason I am hesitant to do so. I'm nervous about boiling the jars etc. Silly, I know.

You are cordially invited to this month’s Country Heart Giveaway. I hope to see you there.
Blessings,

Gina

Pamela said...

We loved Night at the Museum 2 - good, clean, funny family entertainment.

Keeper of the Home said...

Thanks for the review Pamela. I can't wait to see it.

~Mrs. M

Sarah said...

I love to can as well - I love the little display you have posted. Pretty.

I hope you enjoy the movie - we may take in something today as well as it is a rainy, dreary day in my neck of the woods.