Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sunday Sundries 5-10-09


I trust everyone had a blessed Mother's Day. The day for us was a very peaceful one. The morning service at our Church was a lovely one. "Mother of the Year" was awarded to one of the sweetest ladies in our congregation. I was so happy for her. Praise & worship was awesome and the Word Pastor delivered was so timely. Each lady there was given 2 beautiful roses & a gift bag of sweet treats. That was so nice of them to do.

I have to share this little story with you. As I mentioned before, Sandra Lee has a new Food Network show on money saving meals & tips. Well today was the day it was to air. I was so excited and thought surely we would be home in time for me to catch at least half of it at least, as as it begins at 12 noon & service usually lets out not long after that & we super close to our Church so the drive home is next to nill. Lo and behold, I checked the t.v. guide this morning and sure enough it was airing today, but not at noon it was 11am! I had the time wrong. I wasn't thinking that we are not ET/PT. UUGGHH!! Oh was I disappointed. I admit I did a slight bit of murmuring about it and then got ready for Church.

Fast forwarding here...service is over and we are heading out of the sanctuary. One of our members gently pulls us to the side and says, "hey, I have something for you." He and his wife have laying chickens at home. He had brought us a dozen fresh yard eggs! WOW! How awesome and nice was that!?! Look at the size and color of that yolk! You don't get that in the grocery store! What a blessing!!


Lunch time was upon us but we weren't in the mood for a heavy lunch, so I went out to the garden and picked some lettuce, our first ripe Roma tomato, some jalapenos and a mixture of herbs. I had some grilled chicken thawed out that was left over and frozen, so we re-heated it and threw in a can of drained & rinsed black beans. Hubby made a quick batch of homemade dressing and Voila! Our garden fresh salad was birthed. This was a fun, tasty and quick lunch that cost us nothing! Now that's a money saving meal.



Here I was murmuring this morning about not being able to see this new Sandra Lee show, that was going to talk about money saving ideas and such. What does the LORD do??? HE gives me my own personal money saving day through the blessing of HIS awesome Word, fresh yard eggs, beautiful roses & sweet treats, and a bounty from the garden. I just had to laugh for a moment and thank HIM once again for showing me HIS never failing grace and love.

With the extra herbs (sage, basil, stevia, rosemary, cilantro) that I picked today and had in the icebox from Friday night's dinner, I decided to put them in the dehydrator to replenish my spice jars. There again GOD provided me yet another money saver. We certainly do serve a good GOD!




5 comments:

Conny said...

sounds like a very blessed day!!! God is sooo good :) and the salad you made looks so yummy - and instead of just watching Sandra make something, you get to TASTE and EAT something!! :) Pretty flowers too. :)

Mrs. B, a very peculiar person said...

Happy Mother's Day!!

Fresh yard eggs are such a blessing, I know you guys are going to enjoy them!
Mrs.B

Joan said...

There is something so satisfying about eating what you have grown. Not to mention so much healthier for you! And fresh eggs! There is something so much better about fresh eggs! Lucky girl! I hope you have a great week!

Blessed Beyond said...

What a blessed day!!!
Have a wonderful week!!!
Hugs and Blessings,

Ronda said...

Hi sweetie,

It sounds as if you truly had a fabulous mothers day.

I'm sorry you missed your tv show, but God blessed you with your own money saving tips, and wonderful meal ideas. Ain't God Good!

Hope today is equally as fabulous for you.

Love & Prayers,
Ronda