Friday, April 3, 2009

Peanut Butter & Cheese Fudge


While waiting on my bread dough to rise (yes, I am making more bread today ~ we have a bake sale tomorrow for the Youth at our Church so I wanted to make bread for them,) I decided to turn the t.v. on & burn a few minutes. Wouldn't you just know it, Paula Deen was right there on the screen. It was as if she were waiting on me to join her. Today's episode was titled "Sweet Endings." With a name like that you could only imagine how fun this was going to be to watch. Among her delicious taste tempting treats she made one that really sparked my interest. It was for fudge that called for peanut butter and cheese. These are 2 of my favorite things but never have I had them together and certainly never in a fudge. I thought what the heck, I'll give it a try. If they turn out well, I may make a 2nd batch to donate to the bake sale. But I'll have to suffer through it first and taste test the initial batch. Yes, I'll bite the bullet and suffer through eating it ~ after all it is for a good cause! *grin*

Paula Deen's Peanut Butter Cheese Fudge

1/2 pound sliced Velveeta
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chopped nuts
2 (16-ounce) boxes confectioners' sugar

Lightly spray the bottom of a 9 by 2-inch square pan with nonstick cooking spray.

In a saucepan over medium heat, melt cheese and butter together.

Then add peanut butter and stir until smooth. Remove from heat and add vanilla and nuts.

Empty confectioners' sugar into a large bowl and pour cheese mixture over sugar.

Stir until completely mixed. (It was easier for me to use my hands instead of a spoon to mix the ingredients.) Candy will be very stiff.

Using your hands, remove candy from the bowl and press evenly and firmly into the pan. Because of the amount of butter in this recipe, pat top of candy with a paper towel to remove excess oil. Place the pan in refrigerator until candy is firm.


To serve, cut into squares.

Recipe Source: Paula Deen Episode - Sweet Endings

Click HERE for printable recipe

**These are really good and rich! if you like peanut butter, this is a must try treat.

4 comments:

Simply Heart And Home said...

I can not imagine how it would taste! I wonder if you could add chocolate? I can't imagine fudge without chocolate.

Blessings,

Gina

mrshester said...

How interestingly weird and delicious-looking this is! :) I may have to try this myself, diets be darned, lol.

the voice of melody said...

Your fudge looks wonderful, I'll have to add it to my list. I love Paula Deen and have made many of her recipes, you just can't go wrong with Miss Paula! Thanks for sharing. :)

Blessed Beyond said...

We actually do a Cheese Fudge with chocolate and have for years. It is called never fail fudge and it is great! You can't taste the cheese one bit! Hugs and Blessings,