Thursday, March 12, 2009

Love Dare - Day 18-22

The Love Dare is still coming along well. I am learning so much from the daily dare challenges they offer. You really don't know how much you have to learn until you open yourself up to new ideas and things of GOD. Although hubby has been working a ton of overtime I have been able to share and make the most of the time we have been blessed with together. I know I have experienced growth inside me and hopefully it can be seen on the outside by my Husband. I am still very much willing to dare to love and bare it all for Hubby, for myself and for our marriage.



Day 18 - Love Seeks To Understand

Proverbs 3:13 "How blessed is the man who finds wisdom, and the man who gains understanding."

Today's dare: Prepare a special dinner at home, just for the two of you. Focus this time on getting to know your spouse better, perhaps in areas you've rarely talked about. Determine to make it an enjoyable evening for you and your spouse.



Day 19 - Love Is Impossible

I John 4:7 " Let us love one another, for love is from GOD; and everyone who loves is born of GOD and knows GOD."

Today's dare: Look back over the dares of previous days. Were there some that seemed impossible to you? Have you realized your need for GOD to change your heart and give you the ability to love? Ask HIM to show you where you stand with HIM, and ask for the strength & grace to settle your eternal destination.



Day 20 - Love Is Jesus Christ

Romans 5:6 "While we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly."

Today's dare: Dare to take GOD at HIS Word. Dare to trust JESUS CHRIST for salvation. Dare to pray, "Lord JESUS, I'm a sinner. But YOU have shown my sins, & YOU have have proven YOUR power to save me from death by YOUR resurrection. LORD, change my heart & save me by YOUR grace."



Day 21 - Love Is Satisfied In God

Isaiah 58:11 "The LORD will continually guide you, and satisfy your desire."

Today's dare: Be intentional today about making a time to pray & read your Bible. As you do, immerse yourself in the love & promises GOD has for you. This will add to your growth as you walk with HIM.



Day 22 - Love Is Faithful

Hosea 2:20 "I will betroth you to ME in faithfulness. Then you will know the LORD."

Today's dare: Love is a choice, not a feeling. It is an initiated action, not a knee-jerk reaction. Choose today to be committed to love even if your spouse has lost most of their interest in receiving it. Say something like this to them in your own words, "I love you. Period. I choose to love you even if you don't love me in return."

1 comment:

Blessed Beyond said...

I'm so very happy for you!!! God will bless you greatly!