Monday, March 2, 2009

Happy Homemaker Monday 3-2-09


(Hosted by Sandra)

On my bedside table:
"Love Dare," Women of Faith Study Bible,
Country Woman magazine

On my TV:
Nothing at this point...enjoying the
peace and quiet

On the menu for tonight:
Spaghetti squash w/ homemade
pasta gravy

On my To Do List:
Laundry, light gardening, rest

New Recipe I tried last week:
Didn't try any new ones last week

In the craft basket:
I haven't had time to even think of crafts the
past several months let alone anything else really

Looking forward to:
Getting our garden rows finished so I
can plant my vegetables

Homemaking Tip for this week:
well, since I have laundry on the list I might as well give
a tip on that. When washing and drying heavy items, like
jeans or sweats, etc. always turn them inside out
before laundering. This will decrease your drying time by
nearly half if not more. Thus saving time, energy & money.

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
Ferris Wheel Day by Miss. Alyssa

Favorite photo from last week:

Our blueberries are finally in the ground. Woo Hoo!

Lesson learned the past few days:
It's ok to say no when you have done all that you can do.

On my Prayer List:
My husband & our marriage

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Romans 6: 14
"For sin shall not have dominion over you:
for ye are not under the law, but under grace"

5 comments:

Sandra said...

I enjoyed reading your entry :)

Great tip, I often forget to do that and it does take forever to dry the clothes.

Mary Ann said...

I'll have to try that for drying jeans. Enjoyed your post!

Keeper of the Home said...

Mary Ann,
I'm glad you enjoyed your visit with me.

The adventure of a redneck mommy. said...

thanks for the tip about the dryer.. i'll have to try that..

Bonnie said...

How interesting that turning your jeans inside out will decrease the drying time ! I wonder how that works ?