Friday, March 20, 2009

3 Column Templates


I need some help from all of you out there in blog-land. I have tried and tried to no avail to change my 2 column blog template to a 3-column template. I have had a friend send me a link to what she used to change her blog, and it just isn't working for me. I keep getting all sorts of "error" messages. This is so frustrating. I know the change can be done...I've seen how lovely it looks on other blog sites. Can anyone help me figure out an easy way to do this? I would greatly appreciate any and all help.


3 comments:

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

Sorry, I wish I could help. I am having trouble also. Good luck.
Molly

Cranky G. said...

Hi all!

Try this:

Find a website with free blogger templates. BTemplates.com is a good one.

Choose your three column template. Download to your desktop. It will be in a zip file, so extract the zipped files to your desktop, also.

Now, go to your existing blog dashboard.

Click on "layout" then "edit html".

Before you do anything else, click on "Download Full Template".

This saves your existing blog to a safe location, preferably your C drive. You can also save it to My Documents if you prefer.

Now click "browse", and locate your newly downloaded and unzipped template on your desktop. Click "upload".

There may be some widgets and so forth that it tells you it is going to delete. That's ok. You've just saved everything on your hard drive, so nothing is lost. You may have to reinstall some of your favorite little do-dads, but that's not hard.

Preview and enjoy!

Give me a holler if it doesn't work - I do web design for a living, so I can help my pals!

Keeper of the Home said...

Ahem...and why am I just now finding out that you do web designing??? You've been holding out on me. *grin*

Thank you for the info. I am going to give it a try.