Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Thoughts For The Evening

What a day it's been. I have been all over the ends of the earth it feels. Hubby is catering a Valentine banquet this Friday evening so I have been assisting by doing the final purchasing of supplies. I don't mind at all, but one items has been a real pain to find. It's not an unusual little thing but it's something that seems to be hard to find...now that we need it. But I digress. There is always a plan 2, so that is what we are going with. Thank You FATHER for giving my husband such talent and creative ideas.

While out on my search I stopped off at one of our favorite specialty shops. They have such neat things there. You can get lost in all the various items they carry. I had been wanting a canister set for the kitchen but I didn't have any idea of what I would prefer. Wouldn't you just know it, my eyes caught hold of a "clearance" sign. That was my cue to take a look around. On the very back of one shelf I spied something glimmering at me. It was a set of metal canisters. I knew instantly this was the set for me. I don't know if you can tell in the photo but they have indentions in the surface, so the surfaces are not just the plain smooth effect. I just love them.

As I continued perusing the isles I saw a Green Tea Vanilla Blackberry bath set. My most favorite scent (next to the scent of my hubby) is vanilla, so noticing the price tag of $3 I couldn't resist picking it up.

Now it's time for a cup of latte and good book before I retire for the night. Sweet dreams...until next time...


5 comments:

Mrs. B, a very peculiar person said...

What lovely finds ...
Mrs.B

Ronda said...

congrats on the scoring of great deals.
Sounds like ur hubby is quite the talented guy.
Love & Prayers,
Ronda

Jamie Stroupe said...

I just love the coffee cup. MMMM it looks so good. I don't have latte but I do have coffee, I do believe I am going to go make some. Have a beautiful day and God Bless

Jamie

Cranky G. said...

Oh, I would LOVE to hear to menu! What a thrill to have such talent on hand!
Happy Valentine's Day and God Bless!

Cranky Grandma

Jennifer @ Her Southern Charm said...

How awesome! Isn't it wonderful to be able to help and serve our hubbies instead of working for someone elses!?!