Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Thoughts For The Evening

What a day it's been. I have been all over the ends of the earth it feels. Hubby is catering a Valentine banquet this Friday evening so I have been assisting by doing the final purchasing of supplies. I don't mind at all, but one items has been a real pain to find. It's not an unusual little thing but it's something that seems to be hard to find...now that we need it. But I digress. There is always a plan 2, so that is what we are going with. Thank You FATHER for giving my husband such talent and creative ideas.

While out on my search I stopped off at one of our favorite specialty shops. They have such neat things there. You can get lost in all the various items they carry. I had been wanting a canister set for the kitchen but I didn't have any idea of what I would prefer. Wouldn't you just know it, my eyes caught hold of a "clearance" sign. That was my cue to take a look around. On the very back of one shelf I spied something glimmering at me. It was a set of metal canisters. I knew instantly this was the set for me. I don't know if you can tell in the photo but they have indentions in the surface, so the surfaces are not just the plain smooth effect. I just love them.

As I continued perusing the isles I saw a Green Tea Vanilla Blackberry bath set. My most favorite scent (next to the scent of my hubby) is vanilla, so noticing the price tag of $3 I couldn't resist picking it up.

Now it's time for a cup of latte and good book before I retire for the night. Sweet dreams...until next time...


5 comments:

Mrs. B, a very peculiar person said...

What lovely finds ...
Mrs.B

Ronda said...

congrats on the scoring of great deals.
Sounds like ur hubby is quite the talented guy.
Love & Prayers,
Ronda

Jamie Stroupe said...

I just love the coffee cup. MMMM it looks so good. I don't have latte but I do have coffee, I do believe I am going to go make some. Have a beautiful day and God Bless

Jamie

cranky grandma said...

Oh, I would LOVE to hear to menu! What a thrill to have such talent on hand!
Happy Valentine's Day and God Bless!

Cranky Grandma

The Southern Housewife said...

How awesome! Isn't it wonderful to be able to help and serve our hubbies instead of working for someone elses!?!