Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Love Dare - Day 4



Psalm 139: 17-18 "How precious also are Your thoughts to me...How vast is the sum of them! If I should count them, they would outnumber the sand."

Chapter highlights...

Love is thoughtful....Love thinks. It is not a mindless feeling that rides on waves of emotions and falls asleep mentally. It keeps busy in thought, knowing that loving thoughts precede loving actions.

Thoughtlessness is a silent enemy to a loving relationship.

Love requires thoughtfulness - on both sides - the kind that builds bridges through the constructive combination of patience, kindness and selflessness. Love teaches you how to meet in the middle, to respect and appreciate how your spouse uniquely thinks.

A husband should listen to his wife and learn to be considerate of her unspoken messages. A wife should learn to communicate truthfully and not say one thing while meaning another.

The thoughtful nature of love teaches you to engage your mind before engaging your lips. Love thinks before speaking. It filters words through a grid of truth and kindness.

Today's dare: Contact your spouse sometime during the business of the day. Have no agenda other than asking how he or she is doing and if there is anything you could do for them.

This will be an easy dare, as we normally talk once a day. Even though we have a full plate in front of us that seems to keep having more heaped upon it, I will be happy to put that and those thoughts aside just to have a few moments to talk to hubby about how he is and what he might need if anything.

Just a side note, I am still working on completing yesterday's dare, so that has not fallen to the wayside.

****Update ~ Day 3 is now complete. Hubby is one happy man with his "I was thinking of you gift."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm back again! I am just realizing that these "Love Dares" are a "series." I enjoyed this one. Sometimes I call my husband just to see how he is doing, but most times, I just "ramble" on and on about my worries. Like he really needs that at work, NOT! Anyway, I will try this tomorrow. I also enjoyed your message about love being something that is active and NOT static. How true that is!

Keeper of the Home said...

Mrs. Lady Sofia,

I am so glad to hear from you. I was thinking of you in fact the other day. These Love Dare's are really neat (so far) but then again they have been easy. I am sure there will be some some more challenging ones as the days go on, but I am ready for it (I think *grin.)